Marketing Podcast with Matt Briel
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Matt Briel. Matt is an entrepreneur and the Vice President of Marketing & Communications at Lulu.com, as well as a self-diagnosed collaboration junkie. After more than 15 years leading Sales and Marketing teams in the Media & Publishing spaces, he’s developed a unique passion for helping creators become more successful by leveraging books as a catalyst for opportunities and sustainable revenue.
Writing a book can take your credibility, authority, and your business to the next level – Not only does it you an amazing opportunity to share your knowledge, but it’ll also help increase awareness of yourself and what you have to offer. Matt Briel joins me in this episode and shares exactly how books can bring success for growing audiences, brands, reach, revenue, and more.
Questions I ask Matt Briel:
- [1:29] Could you tell us about the origin story of Lulu and how did it come to be?
- [2:25] Is self-publishing a more profitable way to publish today?
- [5:12] Why would someone want to self-publish a book?
- [7:30] Would you say self-publishing is seen as a differentiator for businesses?
- [11:42] What does it take to produce a book?
- [18:49] What do you say to that person that doesn’t think they have time to write a book?
- [21:59] Where can people find out more about you and publishing a book with Lulu?
Learn More About Matt Briel and Lulu:
Learn More About The Agency Intensive Certification:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and Lulu.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Whether you have an established following or you’re just starting out, books are a great way for entrepreneurs and creators to establish credibility, grow an audience, and generate profit. From landing more speaking gigs to generating leads for your business to building a community of fans around your brand, a book can spark so many new growth opportunities for you! At Lulu, we have free tools for publishing, and e-commerce plug-ins for printing books directly from your website for turn-key, white-label fulfillment. Meet us over at publishforgrowth.com to learn how to get started on your first (or next!) book today.